Sunday, February 1, 2009

SUNDAY


Woke this morning to a fabulous fruit salad Mel made. We sat outside with coffee & tea & then headed to the beach for snorkeling. I forgot the name, but the beach was calmer than yesterday. We snorkeled for a while & then I spent most of the time laying in the sun. There was a great breeze, so even though it was 99, it felt amazing. After the beach Mel made delicious chicken sandwiches with avocado (Mabes), onions, tomatoes... such good produce here. Afterward I worked on my lesson plans for this week. I have to teach TOPIC at school, which is a slot of time each day in which the student learn about a particular subject. We're doing plants... Bla. I have to work hard to make this fun. I am trying to incorporate the outdoors as much as possible, but I know little about Australian plants & climate (haha, or American!), so this will be interesting. I met Mel's sister & kids today. Her mom also stopped by, dropping off fresh crab she & Mel's dad caught over the weekend. While I worked on my lessons the boys sat in my room. Will played with his Legos & was so cute saying, "If I get to loud, let me know & I'll leave." They are so sweet. For dinner we had the crab Mel's parents caught with white wine & Mark had sherries. Now, I am taking my bedtime tea & getting ready for a full week at school. YIKES. I wish I could just play at the beach all day. The PE teacher said she might take us surfing before school Tuesday. Might take her up on that.

4 comments:

  1. STAY OUT OF THE WATER...SHARKS...YIKES!
    A man got eaten by one? I'd rather be hit by a car.
    I'm loving your blog. I'll pray for a ride to work out for you.
    Lots of love,
    Mrs. "M"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should email Aunt Susie about plants - talk about a "wealth" of info - your Mom also for that matter. I just love reading your blog. I know that your TOPIC talk will be great and fun!! What a time you are having - great host family, wonderful food!! Sounds like paradise to me. Stay out of the water!!
    Hugs and kisses
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!!! I'll switch lives with you. PLEASE! Stay out of the water. I can just see you resurfacing with your hair everywhere and no suit. Oh man...
    love you love you love you
    J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything sounds like heaven-except for the sharks!! Stay VERY clear of them.
    Love reading the blog-so glad your Mom got this fixed for me,you know your techinally challenged Grandma.
    Love ya bunches,
    Gram & Gramp

    ReplyDelete